Sunday, February 23, 2014

About Me and this Blog...

About me and this blog...

My intention (at this moment) is to make this blog about some of the ways that I have found the low-carb, high-fat way of eating to be beneficial to me AND some tips about how I have implemented it (or some variation of it) for most of my adult life.

Who knows what else I may toss in along the way.  As my friends and family know, when my fingers hit the keyboard, they can be uncontrollable and don't know when to stop.  My brain thinks it and before I know it, my fingers have typed it.

I took journalism all through school starting in the 7th grade.  I was a writer...(a good one)  not a proof reader.  I liked that and adopted it as a way of life.. I no longer have proof readers at my disposal, so I just forget that part... I write.  Period. I always loved grammar in school, but it interfers with my creative juices, so you will just have to overlook run-on sentences, .....'s, and other relatively minor stuff in the major scheme of life.

A little about me.... (for those who don't already know these fascinating details):
  • I am 62 years old (last time I calculated it)
  • I weigh about 147 pounds.  I am 5'8" tall.  145 is about perfect for me.  140 is too skinny and my face starts to look like an old hag.  150 is when I put the brakes on.  (That's where the low carb thing comes into play)
  • I have been married to my husband (duh), Jay for all my life.  (Well, since age 19 however many years ago that was)
  • We have 9 kids and yes, I gave birth to them all....  7 out of 9 were born at home including my twins.  Call me pioneer woman... haha..
  • I don't work.  (Ask Jay, he will tell you.)  I just do "stuff" around the house including fulfilling my role as family secretary, counselor, loan officer, and maid.
  • I let my hair go gray a few years back mostly because I was too lazy to do the upkeep on keeping it brown. Body maintenance...  so much to tend to!  (Especially since my eyebrows have moved to my upper lip and chin.)
  • I have lost my brain somewhere along the way...  but I still have bursts of sanity fairly often.
  • I like to "think out of the box" and find different and easier ways of doing things.
  • I like to do research on a topic that interests me.  I usually remember my conclusion, but often forget all the details and reasons why. 
  • We moved from San Diego (where I was born) to Small Town USA, (Fulton Missouri) in 1979 with a group of friends (and four young children, two dogs and two milk goats) to set up a Christian Community (sorta like a commune).  We left there a couple years later, but stayed in Fulton.
  • Yes, we are still Christians, but we do not currently go to "church".
This concludes my first post on this blog.

My intention is to write many more in the days to come.  (I do not always carry out my intentions... so I rarely make promises...  to myself or anyone else...)

In future posts I will (probably) get back to my original intention to share more of how and why the low carb, high fat style of eating has been benificial to me over the years.  So if this part has bored you, please don't shut me out yet.
Thanksgiving 2013 - Me and my daughters. We call this "Boots" inspired by me buying my first pair of boots since I was 18 years old. We had intended to take a picture of all of our kids together, ..............but.... can you believe... we forgot!

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I want to follow your blog. I need to lose a lot of weight. So far I have lost 22 lbs and need to lose another 60! Any advice I can get will help! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane... stay tuned. I will try to give some tips along the way. I am not currently trying to lose weight but maybe get rid of a little flab here and there. When I WAS trying to lose weight (usually between babies) I followed Atkins. Sometimes a couple weeks on and a day "off" for sanity. Since then, I have adjusted "Atkins" to my own version, which isn't as strict with what I consider "good carbs".. ie veggies and such. Mostly, I believe that eating meat, cheese, "good fat", and fresh fruit and veggies is the way to go.. cutting out all processed food and usually all grain (and unfortunately potatoes). I believe many people will lose weight when they cut the "crap" regardless of how much "real food" they eat. Oopps... this was way longer than I intended...

      Delete
  2. Are skinny people allowed to follow this? I promise i wont follow the diet advice you offer. I think its great youre writing again! Its been too long. You have alot to offer on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! I can't wait!" I'm tuned in.

    ReplyDelete